St. Patrick’s Day 2022:
We are so excited to celebrate this day, after two (2) years of hiatus due to the pandemic.
To help people appreciate the significance of this holiday even more, we researched the occasion from all angles and put together the following St. Patrick’s Day facts –
- 174%: Increase in beer sales on St. Patrick’s Day compared to the rest of the year (153% more spirits are sold compared with the average day).
- 13M:Pints to be consumed of Guinness worldwide
- 54%: Of all Americans will celebrate St Patrick’s Day 2022.
- $1.92 Million: Market value of a leprechaun’s pot of gold.
- $5.87 Billion: Amount spent collectively on St. Patrick’s Day 2022 ($42 per person celebrating).
- 5 Million: Number of Americans who claim Irish ancestry, 6.5 times Ireland’s population.
- 1962: The first year they dyed the Chicago River.
- 9 US Cities are named Dublin, 7 East of the Mississippi River
- 1737: First St. Patrick’s Parade in Boston, not Ireland
- 156 Cities: Where 10% of the residents have Irish ancestry, primarily all reside in the Northeast!
- 25% Increase: Cabbage Shipments during the week of March 17th.
St. Patrick’s Day has the potential to be quite expensive, with lots of corned beef, cabbage, Guinness and green clothing.
Despite its religious undertones, St. Patrick’s Day is known for being one of the year’s biggest drinking holidays
As a result, it’s important to don green, drop your keys and play it safe. Use an Uber or Lyft to get you from place to place.
Enjoy your Guinness and Slainte!
About Kramer Beverage
Kramer Beverage is South Jersey’s largest award winning beer wholesaler, owned and operated by four generations of the Kramer family since 1924. Kramer Beverage is based out of Hammonton, Atlantic County, and services eight counties in southern New Jersey with top brands from Molson Coors, Constellation, Yuengling, Boston Beer, Heineken USA, Pabst, Diageo, FIFCO, and more. Kramer Beverage also distributes a wide variety of craft beers, from suppliers such as New Belgium and Sierra Nevada, to local favorites including Flying Fish, Double Nickel, Evil Genius, Glasstown, and 2SP. For more information on Kramer Beverage, please visit www.kramerbev.com.